Regardless of whether you are looking to expand your living space or you simply want a new gym or entertainment center installed in your home, a remodeled basement is a smart and economical move that will both increase the square footage of your property while also adding immediate value to your home. At B & M Builders LLC, we take immense pride in offering the most detailed remodeling service. That is why, when you choose us you can rest assured that no stone will be left unturned in the pursuit of basement remodeling perfection.
For some companies, basement remodeling is a job that ends at 5 p.m. on a Friday but that is not the case for us. We are passionate about what we do and that is reflected in the high standard of work that we guarantee for all our residential clients. At B & M Builders LLC, good is simply not good enough. So, if you are looking for a remodeling service that will go above and beyond, you really shouldn’t look beyond our high-quality service. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
Your Basement is the Bonus That Keeps on Giving
Don’t let the boxes and cold floor fool you, a basement is a room of unfilled possibilities that with a little work and direction can be transformed into something altogether more interesting. This is definitely the case when you invest in a top-quality basement remodeling service from B & M Builders LLC. The reality is that renovating or remodeling your basement is a far more environmentally friendly and cost-effective option than adding an extension to your home.
What We Check for Before the Remodeling Begins
At B & M Builders LLC we are firm believers in the mantra that failing to prepare is merely preparing to fail. With that important lesson in mind, we will always follow the important four points very closely before starting any work.
- Our skilled team of remodel professionals will test for moisture in your basement by taping two-foot squares of plastic sheeting to the floor and walls. After a couple of weeks, we will check back in to see the results. If condensation forms underneath then this is a sign that the foundation is not sealed. However, if droplets form on top, this indicates that the basement will need to be dehumidified before the work progresses.
- Following the first step, we will us an awl to probe for rot and insect damage in the floor’s joints, rim, sill plate and wood-framed windows.
- After that we will do a thorough check of the floor joists for sagging. We do this by climbing a ladder and inspecting the underside of the joists to make sure that none are out of line.
- Finally, one of our inspection specialists will test your home’s ventilation system to ensure that you are not in dangers of carbon monoxide or other dangerous chemicals.
- Once those four stages are complete, will we start the basement remodeling.
- Licensed and Insured. The last thing you want is a contractor to be working on your property, only to find out they don't have the proper insurance or aren't licensed to do the work, because if something goes wrong or someone is hurt at a work site, you could be held liable for the damages. Make sure that the general contractor you choose has ample worker's compensation, property damage, and personal liability coverage.
- References.The best way to ascertain if the general contractor you choose is skilled and competent enough to do the job is to ask for and verify a list of references consisting of past customers that you can contact. Customers that get what they paid for and who are happy with the job your contractor has done for them are usually only to happy to provide an endorsement on the contractor's work. Choose us, and before long you'll be on our reference list!